Personal Information Collected by District Rug Shoppe
To fulfill your order, Users must provide District Rug Shoppe with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom sourced rug, for example), if you contact me directly.
This information may be collected from Users in a variety of ways, such as when Users visit our site, place an order/fill out a form/subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
Users may also visit our Site anonymously.
Non-Personal Identification Information and Web Cookies
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How we use collected information
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- To process transactions: to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill your order.
- To provide a better customer experience: We will use the email address provided for order processing and to provide information and updates pertaining to their order. We will also use the email address to respond to User inquiries, requests, or questions. Other information shared may be used to enhance the customer experience and service.
- To send emails periodically: Users who have provided their affirmative consent will receive emails that may include product or service information, company news, and other related updates. Users may revoke their consent to be sent emails by unsubscribing using the link at the bottom of each email or by contacting us on our Site.
- To improve our site and personalize the user experience: we may use information gathered in aggregate to inform changes to the overall site's organization and content. We continuously strive to make this Site and web offerings ideal for our Users.
- To comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
Information about our Customers and Users is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
User Acceptance of Site Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Last Updated: January 1, 2020